In my experience, these are some of the benefits of yoga and hopefully that will be me in the photo on the left at 93 yrs old. (Tao Porchon-Lynch now 98 yrs old, born 13 Aug 1918. 93 yrs old in photo taken by Robert Sturman).
1. With Yoga comes increased and sustained flexibility, strength and balance. My 83 yr old friend from Scotland visited Australia last year and was most keen to join our Yoga Class. So we thought it best to inform our yoga teacher to make allowances as "Kay" was 83 yrs old. On warm up it was a feeling of "Wow", as Kay stretched her body beyond what I could possibly do at 55 yrs old !! During our session the yoga teacher asked Kay to demonstrate the particular pose we were having some trouble 'mastering'. On our next Yoga session we informed our yoga teacher that she best make allowances for us and not an 83 yr old 'on tour' Scottish lady. She certainly was an inspiration.
2. Another benefit of Yoga is the increased ability to "tune into" feelings of "inner happiness", "inner peace" and "inner love", beyond the unwanted feelings, such as fear and grief.
3. Yoga is an opportunity to experience calm and relaxation beyond the 'busy' mind chatter of the day, and to reveal that "clear mind freedom" throughout the day.
4. Another benefit of yoga is the postive serene energy of a group, who are all usually present for that same serenity.
5. After class one can then, go with other "Yoginis" for a 'green smoothie' ..... !! 💕 So, it's Happy yoga to all 💕
Have a little "Yoganess" in your day! That which allows you to "feel great" such as yoga, nourishing food and drink, travelling tips and places to go, emotional well being, pets, peacefulness, self care & relationship ! There is a big emphasis on inherent wisdom! This website will cover these topics and more! Welcome and Enjoy!